News Cards Widget
A news widget that surfaces the most recent news items based on personalize the viewing experience through selected categories.
- Displays news articles from FoundationNews_AK list based upon user selected categories.
- The three versions of this widgets on the mynews.aspx page, displays news articles from Special Announcements_AK, BreakingNews_AK and Blogs_AK, as configured on each widget instance.
- User selects the pencil icon for each widget instance, the “Select Category” modal will appear allowing the user to select categories of interest to follow.
- Select a new card or tile and the user will navigate to the news detail page for the article.
- Widget Name: NewsCardsWidget
- Available With: Release 4.5 and Above
- Content App Type:
- Content Type: N/A
- Content App Name: N/A
- List Name: FoundationNews_AK, SpecialAnnouncements, BreakingNews_AK or Blogs_AK
- Recommended Images Sizes: N/A
- Dependencies: SharePoint
|List Name||Name of the SharePoint list that contains the data to be displayed for this widget instance|
|Selected List Columns||Columns in the SharePoint list that the widget is utilizing|
|Cache Interval||Sets the time, in seconds, that the data should be saved in the local browser cache of the current user.
Whole Number = Cache for specific time, in minutes
|List is on Root Site||When checked, the widget references the list on parent/root site collection.|
|Function to call before binding the UI events||OOTB -Blank (used for widget expansion): Name of the function called after the UI has been rendered to the screen|
|isasynccallback||N/A for this widget|
|Function to call after fetching data||OOTB -Blank (used for widget expansion): Name of the function called after data has been fetched by the widget.|
|Name of Category Column||N/A for this widget|
|Displayed Title||N/A for this widget|
|Site Collection URL||Site collection URL where the SharePoint list defined in “List Name” can be found.|
|percategorylimit||Number of items that will display per category|
|# of Items to Display||Total number of items that will display on the widget|
|combinecategories||Ignore “percategorylimit” field and retrieve the “# of Items to Display” regardless of category limits. In this case if there are 25 items in one category then all of those news articles will be displayed.|
View Name: Default – 4.5 view
View Description: Displays the most recent news items in a left to right, top to bottom stacked responsive layout
View Name: My News – Modern – This is a FS’20 view
View Description: Displays the most recent news items in a left to right/top to bottom stacked or just top to bottom responsive layout. The example below is from the mynews page.