News Detail Widget
For Foundation Site Installations that are not Hive, please refer to widget documentation here.
To provide a detailed and immersive News experience.
- Displays detailed view of news articles. To learn more about editing and adding new articles, please visit here.
- Displays the article, title, date, image, tags, time to read and content author.
- Displays news tags
- Ability to react and comment on the news article
- Ability to share via email, twitter and linkedin
- Displays article associated video
- Mobile-ready via Responsive Web Design
- Widget Name: NewsDetailWidget
- Available With: This article is specific to the Hive version of the NewsDetailWidget, for earlier version of this widget please visit here.
- Content App Type: Author
- Content Type: AkuminaArticle
- Content App Name: News
- List Name: FoundationNews_AK
- Recommended Images Sizes: Thumbnails – 352 px wide x 250 px tall; Main – 736 px wide x 488 px tall
- Dependencies: SharePoint
|Title||Title that will display in the Content App list and on the News Detail widget|
|Summary||The “Summary” text in bold, displaying below the image on the article page.|
|Body||The body text of the article|
|Tags||Termstore Taxonomy Tags that can be linked to the article and leveraged in Searching relevant content.|
|Departments||Termstore Taxonomy Tags that can be linked to the article and leveraged in Searching relevant content.|
|Region||Termstore Taxonomy Tags that can be linked to the article and leveraged in Searching relevant content.|
|Featured||Checkbox, if selected then the Featured Tag will be displayed on the content.|
|Publisher||Publisher of the news article, they will appear on the News Detail page|
|Contributors||People picker set of site users who have contributed to this article.|
|Image||The selected image will display with the news article|
|Image Description||Text description of the image to be leveraged for accessibility/screen readers. By default, the image Url, but should be updated to a description of the picture|
|Video: Web Address(URL)||Web address for a video to be displayed on the article page as well as on other widgets such as NewsWidget and CuratedNewsWidget. For additional details, please see instructions here.|
|Video: Link Title(URL)||Link Title of the video to be displayed, to be leveraged for accessibility/screen readers. By default, the video Url, but should be updated to a description of the video|
|Is Akumina Page||Checked by default to Akumina page link|
|Thumbnail URL||Alternate Image used on listing article widgets such as NewsWidget or CuratedNewsWidget if not set then the Image will be used on those widgets.|
|Published Date||Date in which the content will appear on the site, also the date that is displayed on the news article.|
|Archive Date||Date in which the content will be archived from the site|
|StaticUrl||What will be added to the site Url to create the friendly Url for the news article|
|Shareable||When checked, allows for external sharing of article to twitter and linkedin|
|Share Url||The external shareable Url|
|Widget Framework||react – this is the framework this widget was built in|
|List Name||Name of the SharePoint list that contains the data to be displayed for this widget instance.|
|Select List Columns||Columns in the SharePoint list that the widget is utilizing. Example: ID,Created,Title,Body,
|Expanded list columns||These are columns in the SharePoint that need expansion example: Publisher,Author,Contributors|
|Cache Interval||Sets the time, in seconds, that the data should be saved in the local browser cache of the current user.
· 0 = Do not cache the data for this widget
· -1 = Use the default caching strategy set in the Digital Workplace configuration
· Whole Number = Cache for specific time, in minutes
|Function to call after fetching data||OOTB -Blank (used for widget expansion): Name of the function called after data has been fetched by the widget.|
|Function to call before binding the UI events||OOTB -Blank (used for widget expansion): Name of the function called after the UI has been rendered to the screen|
View Name: NewsDetail (5.5 Hive Install)
View Description: Displays details of the news article, complete with the author name and avatar, associated news tags, image and views. Ability to react, share and comment on the article.