Create the List “PageData_AK” on the root site collection
On the Root Site Collection, you will create a custom list called “PageData_AK” with the following columns:
- Name = Html, Column Type = multiline text, PLAIN TEXT
- Name = PageDataSiteId, Column Type = Single line of text
- Name = PageDataTitle, Column Type = Single line of text
- Edit the column “Title” and set “Enforce unique values”
For Multilingual sites only, the following additional columns are required:
- Name = AkId, Column Type = Number, Decimal Places “Automatic”
- Name = AkLanguageId, Column Type = Number, Decimal Places “Automatic”
- Name = AkLanguageCode, Column Type = Single line of text
Create New Manage Properties in the Search Schema
- Navigate to Site Settings, under Site Collection Administration, select “Search Schema”.
- Create the following New Managed Properties
- AkLanguageId (Only if Multingual is turned ON for this Site)
- For each of the new managed properties, set the properties as:
- For “Mappings to crawled properites”, click “Add a Mapping”-only ONE value will be added as a mapping for each New Managed Property.
- For PageDataSiteID:
- Find – PageDataSiteId – select – ows_PageDataSiteId – click OK
- For PageDataTitle:
- Find – PageDataTitle – select – ows_PageDataTitle – click OK
- For AkLanguageId (if multilingual enabled site):
- Find – AKLanguageId – select- ows_AkLanguageId– click OK
- For PageDataSiteID:
- Click OK at the bottom of the page to complete the Managed Property definition.
Verify PageData_AK List has items
On the root of the site collection, navigate to the list “PageData_AK”, and verify that there is content in this list. Content gets added to this list by visiting site pages, so if there is no content try navigating around the site and then checking the list again.
ReIndex List PageData_AK
On the root of the site collection, navigate to the settings for the list “PageData_AK.
- On the settings page click on “Advanced settings”.
- Scroll down the page and select “Reindex List”
Excluding Certain Content from Search
The Akumina Foundation Site uses SharePoint for site search. There are 2 places where site search is used:
- The Typeahead in the upper right of the site
- The Search results page located at [site collection url]/Pages/Search.aspx
It is possible to exclude portions (widget instances) on any page from this index process, as this allows for use cases such as the following:
- Do not index the main menu or footer
- Do not index user specific content, such as a list of tasks.
In order to exclude content, the widget instance code that is entered into the Content Editor web part must be surrounded with the following tags. When the indexer is run, the content between the tags will be left out.
<!-- aksearchexclude:start -->
[Widget instance code here]
<!-- aksearchexclude:end -->
<!-- aksearchexclude:start -->, ensure the spaces and dashes are correct.