Curated News Widget
The Curated News Widget provides the ability to establish a curated list of news items. The supporting SharePoint list is considered language neutral. When you create your articles, the default language version of the content should always be created first. Example if your default language is in English then you should create your articles in English. To learn more about working with the Curated content app please visit here.
- Curated news includes additional news properties (comments, reactions, views, etc.)
- Displays items in a slick slider with a scrollable carousel format
- Displays thumbnail images of curated news items
- Clicking on a news title will change the focus in the carousel
- Supports multilingual, taxonomy and personas
- Ability to configure to pull curated news from across sites or from the current site only
- Configurable count of items to display, by default shows 10 curated news items
- Displays news tags associated with the news article
- Displays the news author, published date and time to read
- Displays reactions, comments and views on the news item
- Widget Name: CuratedNewsWidget
- Available With: Release 5.5 Hive Install and above
- Content App Type: Curated
- Content Type: AkuminaCurated
- Content App Name: News-Curated
- List Name: Curated_AK (This list must be in the language neutral list in the central site)
- Recommended Images Sizes: Thumbnails – 352 px wide x 250 px tall; Main – 736 px wide x 488 px tall
- Dependencies: All SharePoint lists where content is being pulled from, must have the columns defined in the “select field” as part of their data structure. Example: Title,FriendlyUrl,Image. The supporting list, for example “Curated_AK,” must be configured to be in the language neutral list on the central site. When you create your articles, the default language version of the content should always be created first. Example if your default language is in English then you should create the English article first and then other language version of the content. When selecting articles with multiple language versions, the content is selected for all languages. The content for the selected language will only display on the front-end if the language version exists.
|Title||Title of the curated item on the slider – not displayed on the front-end widget|
|SiteUrl||Set by the curated app when a site is selected, used to retrieve articles|
|ListName||Name of the SharePoint list where the article resides set by the curated app|
|ItemId||Id number of the selected article in the SharePoint list – set by the curated app.|
|ItemActive||Determines whether an item will be displayed or not|
|ItemOrder||Used on the curated app as well as the front-end views, to determine the order of the items to be displayed.|
|Selected list columns||Columns in the SharePoint list that the widget is utilizing. All lists configured for this curated news widget should have at least the columns called out here.
|Expand Fields||SharePoint REST API to expand the field for additional details. OOTB defaults to Publisher.|
|Cache Interval||Sets the time, in minutes, that the data should be saved in the local browser cache of the current user.
· 0 = Do not cache the data for this widget
· -1 = Use the default caching strategy set via Site Creator
Whole Number = Cache for specific time, in minutes
Curated News defaults to 10.
|List Name||Name of the SharePoint list that contains the data to be displayed for this widget instance|
|Category||Metadata Category. Can be used for targeting if User Context Token is set to a category.|
|Site Collection URL||Site collection URL where the SharePoint list defined in “List Name” can be found.|
|Call Back Method||Name of the function called after data has been fetched by the widget.|
View Name: Curated News
View Description: Displays items in a slick slider with a scrollable carousel format