News Card Widget is used on My News and My News Listing Page to allow the user to follow different news articles based upon their personalized selected category for each widget instance.
My News Listing Page:
- My News displays news articles from FoundationNews_AK list based upon user selected categories and displays a maximum of 3 items from each of the selected categories
- My News Listing Page displays news articles from Special Announcements_AK, Blogs_AK, FoundationNews_AK, BreakingNews_AK lists based upon user selected categories for each widget instance
- User selects the pencil icon for each widget instance, the “Select Category” modal will appear allowing the user to select categories of interest to follow.
- Clicking on News tile and the user will navigate to the News Detail Page
- Displays news item from a list as a hyperlinked image with a display title overlay
- Item is hyperlinked using the FriendlyURL to the dynamic display page for the content
- Does not display items that have reached their Expiration Date
- Mobile-ready via Responsive Web Design
Uses Content Type: (click to view content type definition)
Widget Properties Example Instance
|listname||Name of the SharePoint list that contains the data to be displayed for this instance.|
|selectfields||The data fields (columns) from the SharePoint list that the widget should retrieve for use in this instance.|
|cacheinterval||Sets the time (in secs) that the data should be saved in the local browser cache of the current user.
0 = do not cache the data for this widget
-1 = use the default caching strategy set in the Digital Workplace configuration
[whole number] = cache for specified time (secs)
|callbackmethod||The callbackmethod is set by the developer of the widget.|
|VIEW||View Name =
View Template URL =default (MyNews)
View Template URL =mynewsexperience (My News Listing Page)