Notification Banner Widget
Quickly surface important and timely notification messages using the Broadcast Center Dashboard.
- Notification messages can be targeted by using Personas, Azure Active Directory Groups, Specific Users or via Query Builder
- Notification messages generated in Broadcast Center Dashboard for alert banner and popup delivery methods
- Unlimited number of alerts with ability to cycle through them. Displays one or more notification messages, messages will rotate and display in descending order based upon last modified date/time.
- Immediate and Scheduled Delivery options with expiration date capabilities.
- Alert banner messages can be configured to be hidden when read or require acknowledgement. Popup messages require user acknowledgement.
- Provides read more capability to view longer messages.
- Notification messages accessible in bell icon on header.
- Optional feature to filter messages by source and/or content type.
- Widget Name: NotificationBannerWidget
- Available With: Release 5.5 Install and above
- Content App Type: Author
- Content Type: N/A
- Content App Name: N/A
- List Name: N/A
- Recommended Images Sizes: N/A
- Dependencies: Broadcast Center Dashboard
|Notification Source||Optional filter by item source (SharePoint list). This allows filtering on the item associated with the notification by SharePoint list. Default is empty.|
|Notification Content Type||Optional filter by item content type. This allows filtering on the item associated with the notifications by content type. Default is empty.|
|Banner Line Count||Number of lines to display in banner alert. A read more is displayed if the notification line count exceeds the banner line count. Defaults to 1.|
|Cache Interval||default = -1
Sets the time, in minutes, that the data should be saved in the local browser cache of the current user.
· 0 = Do not cache the data for this widget
· -1 = Use the default caching strategy set in the Digital Workplace configuration
· Whole Number = Cache for specific time, in minutes
|Function to call before binding the UI events||OOTB -Blank (used for widget expansion): Name of the function called after the UI has been rendered to the screen|
|Function to call after fetching data||OOTB -Blank (used for widget expansion): Name of the function called after data has been fetched by the widget.|
View Name: Notification Banner Alert
View Description: Displays one or more notification messages in a banner for the current user. Messages will rotate and display in descending order based upon created time.