AppManager Content Apps
With Release 5.0, the AppManager Content App cards display the content app name on the first line and the content app type on the second line.
When a content app card is hovered over, the card will change display, as shown below:
Clicking on the content app card, opens the associated content app to allow the content author to edit the existing content or add new content to the existing SharePoint list.
Supported Content App Types in AppManager
The AppManager has several content app “types”. The type associated with a particular content app is set by the developer/admin for the site, so typical content authors only need to know what to expect when using certain app types.
- Author App Type: Base content app used for loading content. Please reference Working with Author Type Content Apps
- Curated App Type: Used for managing a curated list of items (new, events, people, etc.). Please reference Working with Curated Type Content Apps
- File App Type: Used for document uploads.
- Image Gallery App Type: Used for managing images
- Slider App Type: Used for creating multiple “slides” of content. Please reference Working with Quicklinks Type Content Apps
- Quicklinks: Used for creating a hierarchical tree view of folders and links. Please reference Working with Slider Type Content Apps
To create a new content app in AppManager, or change the settings for an existing content app, please refer to AppManager Content App Settings