Message Notification Manager
A new Message Notification Manager management app has been added with Release 5.0 to provide the ability to send multi-lingual notifications to an activity stream and notification bell for a group, persona or specific user. Notifications can be flagged as important to pin the message at the top of the activity stream until it is acknowledged by the recipient.
Click on the Message Notification Manager in Management Apps.
The Message Notification Manager provides standard inline editing capabilities to create a message. For multi-lingual enabled sites, message fields are available for each supported language.
To send a Notification Message, complete the following fields:
- Message: Use the inline editing capabilities to create the message in the notification. If multi-lingual is enabled, message fields are available for each language that is supported.
- Is Important?
- When checked, the notification message will be pinned as a card to the top of the stream feed and display in the notification bell drop down. An Important notification cannot be opted out of by the user.
- Multiple important notification messages will include a count in the stream feed.
- Important notification messages can be marked as read or un-pinned by clicking on the pin on the right edge.
- Regular notification messages only appear in the notification bell drop down and will not display in the activity stream.
- Send to: Determines who the notification is sent to (Users in Azure Directory Groups, Users in Personas, or Individual Users).
- Once all the desired fields are entered, click “Send” button.
- Notifications will display for users in the notification bell and Important notifications will be pinned to the top of the Activity Stream.