Bing News Widget
Quickly surface external news articles via Bing News.
- Display external news feed based upon keyword and specified market from Bing cognitive services.
- Widget Name: BingNewsWidget
- Available With: Release 4.8
- Content App Type: N/A
- Content Type: N/A
- Content App Name: N/A
- List Name: N/A
- Recommended Image Sizes: N/A
- Dependencies: Bing Resources
- Bing Resources Key. Click here to learn more about acquiring a “Bing Resources” Api key. After Bing Resources key has been acquired, the site administrator must set the key in AppManager > Settings > AppSettings Manager, BingResourceKey.
|Displayed Title||Title that will be used for the widget|
|Keyword||Determines what keyword is searched for and returned on the Bing Cognitive Service|
|Market||The market where the results come from. The market is a dropdown list of language/countries supported. For example, en-us (English-United States). On a multilingual site a language version of this widget instance can be created for each of the sites language and the Market value updated to display the appropriate language content example: es-es (Spanish-Spain).|
|Safe search level||Used to set filter levels for potential adult content results|
|Item count (max 100)||Number of items to display in the widget|
|Show news story thumbnails?||Checkbox to display the news thumbnail image|
|Path for image when no news thumbnail is returned||Path for default image when Bing News does not return a thumbnail.|
|Show news source?||Show news source checkbox, true/false|
|Bing News Search API||Bing News API that is used to pull news source, this should be set to: https://api.bing.microsoft.com/v7.0/news/search?|
|Cache Interval||Sets the time, in minutes, that the data should be saved in the local browser cache of the current user.
· 0 = Do not cache the data for this widget
· -1 = Use the default caching strategy set via Site Creator
Whole Number = Cache for specific time, in minutes
|Function to call after fetching data||OOTB -Blank (used for widget expansion): Name of the function called after data has been fetched by the widget.|
|Function to call before binding the UI events||
OOTB -Blank (used for widget expansion): Name of the function called after data has been fetched by the widget.
View Name: Bing News
View Description: Display up-to a widget property (item count) specified number of articles returned from BING