The AppManager App package provided to you from Akumina has 2 files that need to be customized for your sites. Unique values that are applicable to your SharePoint Office 365 and Cloud website AppManager must be set. These files are the web.config file that was just extracted from the zip file, and the “Akumina.InterChange.App.app” file.
Customizing the web.config File
- Navigate to C:\Akumina\*InterChange (in our example we will navigate to C:\Akumina\03_18_2015_04_17_InterChange)
- Double Click or right click on Web.config
- The web.config will open in Visual Studio… (alternatively you can edit this file using notepad)
- Search (Cntrol + F) for term = SharePointURL
- Below, this section of the web.config will be highlighted. This is where you will set 3 things
- Set the SharePointURL to the SharePoint Site URL where you will be installing AppManager in my example it will be set to this URL: https://awemind.sharepoint.com
- Set the Client ID – you will copy and paste the value you have saved in your Notepad file “MyAppManagerInstallNotes.txt” (example similar to: b3824b0d-cffb-48c9-a006-508c7eda60f6)
- Set the Client Secret – you will copy and paste the value you have saved in your Notepad file “MyAppManagerInstallNotes.txt” (example similar to: NH+VK7RxsYC7HIaOQCEANVkkdxebTBxpKBmATnmtDW0=)
- Search for the customHeaders parameter
- Set your SharePoint URL for the value of “Access-Control-Allow-Origin”
- Uncomment the “Access-Control-Allow-Credentials”. Leave the value as “true”
- To optimize the response time for the front end site pages, add the following line into the customheaders section (this will cache the preflight OPTIONS request calls to AppManager
- <add name=”Access-Control-Max-Age” value=”1600″ /> (value is in seconds and can be set to your desired duration)
Example of all changes:
- Finally, ensure that the following section of code exists and is set as follows. This allows for larger file sizes to be handled by IIS for the aadusers.xml file (the users synchronization file with AzureAD)
<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength=”104857600″ />
- Click the SAVE icon and then from the File dropdown menu select Exit.
Customizing the “Akumina.InterChange.App.app” File
- RIGHT click on “Akumina.InterChange.App.app” and select “COPY” from the dropdown menu.
- RIGHT click on your mouse and PASTE the file.
- You will see the file “Akumina.InterChange.App – Copy.app”.
- Right Click on “Akumina.InterChange.App – Copy.app” and from the dropdown list select “RENAME”
- Change the name from “Akumina.InterChange.App – Copy.app” to “Akumina.InterChange.App.zip”
- You will get this confirmation popup select “YES”
- Right Click on “Akumina.InterChange.App.zip” and click on “Extract All…” from the dropdown menu
- In the Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders Dialog box change the folder destination for the extracted files to C:\Akumina\Apps and then click on “Extract” button.
- The following files/folder will appear in the C:\Akumina\Apps folder:
- Right click on “AppManifest.xml” and click “Open with > Notepad”.
- There are 2 items that need to be changed
Changing the Start Page
- Change the URL for the <StartPage> to your AppManager Redirect URL that you have in your “MyNotes.txt” for our example: https://akuminaqa.azurewebsites.net/
Changing the ClientId
Change the ClientId to the value that is saved in “MyNotes.txt” in our example the value will be changed to: b3824b0d-cffb-48c9-a006-508c7eda60f6
Below is the updated file with the redirect and Client ID values highlighted:
Repacking the .app file
- On the Notepad top menu, click “File” and from the dropdown menu, click “Save”.
- On File Explorer Select all files in folders in the C:\Akumina\Apps Directory.
- Right Click from the dropdown select “Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder”.
- Rename the file to App.zip
- Move App Zip up one level to C:\Akumina
- Rename your original “Akumina.InterChange.App.app” to “Original.Akumina.InterChange.App.app”
- Rename your “App.zip” to “Akumina.InterChange.App.app”
- When you rename the popup will appear click “Yes”