Creating a Self Signing Certificate using Akumina’s github powershell
To create a self signing certificate visit: https://github.com/akumina/automation and download the PowerShell
- Unzip on your local C drive
- Run as ADMINISTRATOR “Windows PowerShell ISE”
- Click on File, Open and open two files: cert.ps1 and common.psm1
- On tab, “cert.ps1”, lines 8, 9 and 10 – will be the name of the certificate files generated.
- Run the PowerShell command
- Fill in the “certificate subject” example: Akumina Application cer for ….
- Enter a password: Note the password, it will be needed when configuring the tenant to the AppManager.
- When Completed, navigate to the directory where the PowerShell was run and find files:
- akumina_v5.cer – This will be uploaded into the Graph App’s “Certificates & secrets” thumbprint.
- akumina_v5.txt – The value of this file is required for configuring the tenant, on the AppManager tenant config page enter the value in this file into “ClientAssertionCertificate”.
Removing the certificate from your local machine by running mmc
- File (Add/Remove snap-in)
- Add “Certificates”
- Left column, expand Certificates > Personal > Certificates
- Right click on the certificate just created and Delete.