A new AppManager Dashboard page has been added with Release 5.0 to allow authorized AppManager users the ability to create a personalized user defined reporting and analytics dashboard specific to each AppManager site.
The AppManager “Dashboard” page is accessed by clicking on the Dashboard tab in AppManager.
The AppManager Dashboard can be configured differently for each AppManager root site. The active site name displays at the top left of the page, and the statistical and analytic reporting rendered on the dashboard is based on data from the specified list on the current site.
Admin > SharePoint Admin
The AppManager Dashboard Manager Management App is used to control the display and properties of the manage dashboard widget pop-up screens. Click here to learn more about the AppManager Dashboard Management App.
To manage or re-order the widgets on the dashboard, hover over the 3 dotted ellipses (more icon), to select the manage count widgets or manage detail widgets.
Manage Dashboard Count Widgets
The Dashboard Count Widgets display on the top section of the AppManager Dashboard, when selected. The Count Report Widget provides a statistical count of the items in the specified list based on the widget properties.
The top section of the dashboard includes multiple instances of the Count Report Widget for “Pages”, “Layout”, “Images”, “Blogs”, and “News”. Click here to learn more about the CountReportWidget.
Note: For a delivery site, the Layout count widget instance will not exist as the list is not available in a delivery site.
Manage Dashboard Detail Widgets
The Dashboard Detail Widgets display on the main section of the AppManager Dashboard, when selected. The Detail Widgets provide analytics detail data from items in a specified list based on the widget properties.
The main section of the dashboard has 5 main widgets:
- Content Report Widget used for “My News” and “My Blogs” to display the corresponding news list of the latest items authored by the current user. Click here to learn more about the ContentReportWidget.
- Top Page Report Widget used for “Top 10 Pages” to display pages with top views on the current site based on app insights data. Click here to learn more about the TopPageReportWidget.
- Top Users Report Widget used for “Users” to display the top users based on page hits on the current site. Click here to learn more about the TopUsersReportWidget.
- Page Views Report Widget used for “Pages” to display hits on the page and be configured to point to any page id on the site. Click here to learn more about the PageViewsReportWidget.
- Browser Report Widget used for “Browser Report” to display the browser usage percentage for on the current site. Click here to learn more about the BrowserReportWidget.
Note: For a central site, the widget instances must be added and configured to point to the site collection URL of any site, where the relevant data is present.
Displaying the AppManager Dashboard Widgets
- Select manage count widgets or manage detail widgets to open the Manage Dashboard Widget Modal.
- Check the widgets to be displayed on the page. Unchecked widgets will not display on the page.
- Click Save.
- The selected (checked) widgets will now appear on your personalized dashboard in the appropriate top or main section.
Re-ordering the AppManager Dashboard Widgets
- Select manage count widgets or manage detail widgets to open the Dashboard widget modal.
- Drag and drop the widgets in the modal to change the order of the dashboard display.
- Click Save.
- The selected widgets will now appear in the new display order on your personalized dashboard in the appropriate top or main section.